Pages

Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

how i loved my valentine


heart-shaped foods. hobo eggs, as josh calls them.

a lovely meal together. they say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach - i think it's true.

i try to be creative in my gift-giving. and as i pondered what to give my valentine, i remembered the book we read together before we got married, The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman. If you haven't read it with your significant other, you should. I found it to be very helpful in understanding how Josh feels most loved. And because I know his love language is 'words of affirmation', I decided to give him a gift that keeps on giving. It's a mason jar filled with all the things I love about him, big and small. He loved it - the love language thing is legit. He decided to take it to work and pull one out when he needs a little extra encouragement during the day.
hope you all found fun ways to show the people in your life you love them!

2 comments:

  1. Shelby, very cool idea with the Mason Jar. Rachel & I make homemade cards every Valentines for the same reasons... I'm Words of Affirmation and love what she writes and she's Quality Time and the time it takes speaks to her.

    Love the photography too. Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kevin! Homemade Valentines Day cards are the best! That's so sweet that you two do that!

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments.