Pages

Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

i'm so crafty...


I'm So Crafty....
When I first saw this on pinterest, it made me chuckle. But when I started to really think about it, I realized how un-true it is. Never more in my life have I felt so left out of the creative process. There is nothing I did to create this baby (besides doing the deed). The forming and fashioning of this baby is completely out of my control. Yes, I can play my part by not eating lunch meat and raw cookie dough, avoiding smoking and alcohol, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle, but ultimately it is the Lord who is knitting this baby into the little person that will join our family.

     "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb " Psalm 139:13

I meditated so much on this verse during the first trimester when I was filled with anxiety about losing another baby. God taught me so much about what it means to rest in Him. He whispered peace into my heart.

I cannot think of a more distinct situation where I have wanted so badly to create something perfect and beautiful, but the creative process is out of my hands. I struggle with worry - Is everything going okay in there? But I always come back to resting and knowing His way are higher and more perfect and beautiful than I could ever dream of. I look out at the mountains or catch a glimpse of the sunset, and I smile thinking that the same Creator is making my baby. He is deciding on the eye color, the amount of hair, and the curve of our sweet baby's face. And I trust Him. I know that this baby is going to be God's perfect combination of me and Josh and I can't wait to meet him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will blog for comments.