Pages

Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

nursery nesting: diy closet organizers

There's nothing like a good, organized closet. I, personally, prefer to organize my closet by color. But when it came to organizing Grady's closet, there was no way my color method was going to fly.
Size is critical when it comes to organizing baby clothes. And since all of Grady's clothes, except for a few sweet gifts, have been snatched up from yard sales, I have sizes all across the board.
So I decided that clothing dividers were in order. 
There are tons you can buy on etsy, but if you have 15 minutes and a couple bucks - why not make your own?

DIY Closet Organizers
First things first - I ordered these clothing dividers from Amazon for $3.

Then I rummaged through my scrapbook paper and picked out a few pieces in his room colors.

Then, since the dividers have a nice beveled edge for tracing, I flipped the paper so I could trace out the pattern on the back.

Then I folded the paper in half and cut out the shape so that I would have pieces to cover both sides of my divider.

Then I stuck my paper to the divider. My preferred method of adhesive for this was glue spots since I could see myself re-using these dividers someday. Say, in a girl nursery. :)

Then all you need is number stickers and you're done!

A neat, organized by size, closet!

I made 3-6-9-12-18 month dividers. See, I'm an out of sight, out of mind kind of girl and I knew if I packed away some of these cute clothes, I would forget about them until he was too big to wear them.

I think he's set on Christmas flannel for this year. :)

In other closet organizing news, I asked my handy hubs to add some shelving to G's closet and he delivered. With a couple 2x4's from Lowe's, he made this shelving so that the closet space can be maximized. Hanging baby clothes don't take up very much space, ya know?


Can't wait to dress this little man in a couple short months!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will blog for comments.