Pages

Pages

Monday, August 4, 2014

Quit Your Day Job




I did it. I quit my day job.

For the past 5 years I've worked part-time outside of the home.
But I've traded that in for a higher calling: stay-at-home mama of two boys.

I cried when I put in my notice. Honestly, I'm terrified.
It's that fear of the unknown. The uncomfortable feeling of leaving something safe and familiar.
The discipline of having to stick to a new (and much smaller) budget.
The anxiety of losing bits of my sanity and my creativity as I fill my days with the needs of my little boys.
It all scares me.

Even scarier is my hope/dream of being a stay-at-home/work-at-home mama.
Is this really possible with kids so young? I keep asking myself.

I've worked hard over the past 5 years to also build my business, Honeysuckle {designs & things}.
I do freelance graphic design work (logos,  branding, advertisements, custom invitations, etc.) and I also have a line of art prints and vintage items in Pastiche at Main in Downtown Lynchburg (also available through my etsy shop and Pastiche at Main online).

I'm struggling with worrying how to juggle doing both. And do both well. But if you never try, then you'll never know, right?

I'm either on the verge of something great, or a mental breakdown.

I'll report back on that one.


Dear seasoned stay-at-home/work-at-home mamas, 
do you have any advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will blog for comments.